Utterly delectable, super-easy, 4-ingredient chickpea flour shortbread that is grain-free, vegan, and can be varied in countless ways!
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with wax paper, parchment paper, or plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, stir the melted coconut oil, sugar and vanilla until completely blended. Add the chickpea flour and (optional) salt, stirring until completely blended.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan; use a second pan to firmly tamp down and smooth the dough. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until very firm.
- Preheat the oven to 300F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from pan using the liner. Place on a cutting board and cut into 32 rectangles (8×4) or desired shapes. Place half of the pieces on prepared baking sheet, spacing 2-inches apart (Place remaining dough into refrigerator).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 21 to 25 minutes until light golden brown and firm to the touch
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days (in a cool room; if it is hot, store in the refrigerator), the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 4.6 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, vegan, cookies, shortbread, 4 ingredients, grain-free, gluten-free, easy, grain-free shortbread, nut-free, egg-free