Decadent, no-bake, and so-easy chocolate truffle tart that you can enjoy into the New Year! It is grain-free, sugar-free, vegan, Paleo-friendly and keto-friendly–perfect for celebrating and sharing with friends!
- 1–1/2 cups finely ground roasted, lightly salted pistachios (see notes for options)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons KetoSweet Syrup (see notes for options)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2/3 cup KetoSweet powdered sweetener (see notes for options)
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 2 teaspoons KetoSweet Syrup
- Optional garnishes: finely chopped pistachios, all-natural red sprinkles
- Crust: In a medium bowl, combine the ground pistachios, cocoa powder, cardamom, coconut oil, and syrup until well blended. Firmly press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides. Set aside while preparing filling.
- Filling:In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat until very hot but not boiling. Remove from heat and stir in the sweetener. Add the chocolate and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes until chocolate appears softened. Whisk until completely smooth. Immediately pour into the prepared crust.
- Transfer tart to refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours until completely chilled and filling is firm.
- Topping: Open can of coconut milk and scoop solids into a well-chilled mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid for another use. Beat coconut cream using electric mixer (with chilled beaters) on medium speedfor 2 minutes; turn to high speed and continue beating until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add sweetener and beat 1 minute more. Spread on top of tart. Sprinkle with optional garnishes, if desired. Serve!
Storage: Store the tart, loosely covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days (or up to 1 week without the whipped coconut cream topping). The tart can be tightly wrapped and frozen (without the topping) for up to 6 months (defrost in the refrigerator).
Regular Sweetener Variation: Replace the liquid sweetener with an equal amount of pure maple syrup and the powdered sugar with an equal amount of granular sweetener of choice (e.g., coconut sugar or cane sugar).
Almond Flour/Almond Meal Variation: An equal amount of blanched almond flour OR almond meal can be used in place of the ground pistachios. Add a large pinch of salt.
Tip: It will take about 1 and 2/3 cups of shelled pistachios to make 1-1/2 cups of ground pistachios.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1/10 of tart
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 78.7 mg
- Fat: 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.8 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg