- 1 and 1/2 cups chickpea flour (sifted if lumpy)
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil of choice (I used avocado oil)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) cranberies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line all 12 cups of a standard size muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, baking powder and salt. Add theapplesauce, syrup, oil, zest, juice, and vanilla, stirring until blended and smooth. Gently stir in the cranberries.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes until golden brown at edges and centers feel firm to the touch. Cool in pan on a cooling rack for 5 minutes, then remove muffins to rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store the completely cooled muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Muffins, Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 146.5 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour muffins, vegan grain-free muffins, cranberry orange muffins that are grain-free and vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, grain-free