English cucumber “cups” are filled with a fresh, easy, flavor-packed Asian filling, perfect for show-off appetizers or healthy snacks.
- 2 English cucumbers, ends trimmed, chilled until cold
- 1 cup drained Paisley Farm Asian Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/8 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (Asian hot sauce)
- Optional garnishes: black and/or white sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumbers crosswise into 1-inch thick rounds. Using a melon baller or tip of a small spoon, scoop out the middles to create a cup (leaving sides and bottom of slices intact).
- In a food processor, pulse the bean salad until finely chopped (small pieces of beans should still be distinct). Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the cilantro, sesame oil and sriracha until combined.
- Fill the prepared cucumber cups with the bean mixture, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Refrigerate the cups, loosely covered, until ready to serve. Eat!
Storage: Store the stuffed cucumbers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. The filling can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 15
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 23 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: o mg