Amazing, 3-ingredient granola bars that are grain-free, vegan, a cinch to make, and have endless options for variation! I even have an easy keto-friendly option.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper; spray or greased exposed sides.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat (I used cast iron) for 2 to 3 minutes until hot. Add the pepitas; shake the pan for 30 to 90 seconds until the pepitas begin to turn brown at the edges, puff up, and make a popping sound. Immediately transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, maple syrup and (optional) salt, stirring until combined (it will be very stiff–keep stirring!). Mix in the cooled pepitas (I used my fingers).
- Press the dough evenly into he prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes until golden brown at edges (the center area will still look somewhat soft; it will harden as it cools).
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool 10 minutes. Use the parchment paper liner to remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Cut into 6 equal bars.
Storage: Individually wrap the cooled bars and store in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 week, the refrigerator for 1 month, or the freezer for 6 months.
Keto Option: Prepare as directed but replace the maple syrup with 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of keto-friendly granulated sweetener.
- Category: snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 97.3 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg