Easy and delicious almond flour/meal and flaxseed biscuits that are grain-free, oil-free and vegan! It only takes 4 ingredients and fewer than 30 minutes to prepare them.
- 2/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup water
- In a medium bowl whisk together the almond flour, potato starch, flaxseed meal, baking powder and salt. Add the water and stir until completley blended. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sccop the chiiled dough into 6 even portions; roll each portion into a ball and place, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet. With moistened fingertips, press each ball down to about 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 14 minutes until risen and golden brown. Cool for at least 10 minutes before eating. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Storage: Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Potato Starch: Although I have not tested it, an equal amount of tapioca starch or arrowroot (or cornstarch, if you do not need these to be grain-free) will likely work as alternatives for the potato starch.
- Category: Bread, Biscuits
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 170.3 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg