Delicious, versatile, 5-ingredient sandwich bread made in minutes with chickpea flour! It is naturally grain-free and vegan.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line a 9×5-inch (22.5 x 12.5 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper; grease or spray the exposed sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly pour the seltzer down the side of the bowl (to prevent a lot of foaming); add the olive oil and stir until combined. Immediately pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until risen, golden brown and a skewer inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or tightly wrapped in freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: An uncooked piece of spaghetti can be used as a tester (instead of a skewer) for determining if the center is set!
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of loaf)
- Calories: 100
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 191.8 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.6 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg