- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a cup or bowl, combine the nondairy milk and vinegar. Let stand for 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, almond flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt. Add the milk mixture, stirring until just blended the dough will be very moist).
- Scoop and drop the dough into 6 even mounds on the prepared baking sheet, spacing at least 2 inches apart, If desired, smooth top with water-moistened fingertip.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: Be sure to use potato STARCH, not potato flour (they are very different ingredients). I have not tested this recipe using other starches, but an equal amount of tapioca starch (or cornstarch, if you only need these to be gluten-free, not grain-free) should work.
Richer Biscuit Variation: For richer biscuits, replace 1 or 2 tablespoons of the milk with the vegetable oil of your choice.
- Category: Biscuits, Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 143 mg
- Fat: 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grain-free vegan biscuits, grain-free biscuits, almond flour, vegan, egg-free, gluten-free