A quick and simple vanilla buttercream that is perfect for frosting and piping onto cakes and cupcakes.
- 2 sticks (1 cup total) vegan margarine, softened
- 5 cups grain-free powdered sugar, softed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (see notes)
- In a large bowl, beat the with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the powdered sugar, stopping several times to scrape down sides of the bowl, until completely blended, light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla until incrporated.
- This makes enough frosting to frost a 2-layer cake or 24 cupcakes.
Tip: Powdered sugar is also known as confectioners’ sugar.
Tip: Be sure to use sticks, not tub margarine. The latter has a much higher water content and will alter the proportions of the recipe.
Vanilla: Technically, vanilla extract is not grain-free because it is made with alcohol, which is made from grain. Vanilla paste is made without alcohol. If you are fine using vanilla extract, use an equal amount (1 teaspoon).
- Category: Frosting, Dessert