Shake up your vegetable routine with my super-simple carrot & ginger soufflé, made with coconut flour! It is vegan, grain-free, oil-free, and so very delicious!
- In a large saucepan with a steamer attachment inserted, steam the carrots for 15 to 20 minutes until very tender. Remove from heat and cool slightly or completely.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray an 11×7-inch or 9-inch square baking dish.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the carrots, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients; pulse until blended.
- Scrape the carrot mixture into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until lightly puffed and edges are just beginning to turn golden brown. Serve!
Storage: Store the completely cooled leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Re-warm in the microwave at 50% power. (I do not recommend freezing).
Coconut Milk Options: Full-fat coconut milk plays the role of both milk and fat in this recipe. If you want or need to replace it, I recommend the following: Use 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk AND 1 and 1/2 tablespoons oil/fat of your choice
- Category: Side-Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: about 1 cup
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 9.4 mg
- Sodium: 314 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan soufflé, egg-free, dairy-free, coconut flour, coconut flour soufflé, clean eating, clean eats, fitness food, vegan, oil-free, ginger, carrots coconut milk