4-ingredient cauliflower minis, made in a mini muffin tin with chickpea flour, plus nutritional yeast for cheese-y flavor. Perfect for snacks and appetizers and only 22 calories each.
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons (7.5 g)nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets (8 oz/ 227g)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease or spray 18 cups of a miniature muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, water, yeast, oil, salt and pepper until blended and smooth. Add the cauliflower, stirring until combined.
- Divide the cauliflower mixture (including all of the batter) evenly between the prepared mini muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack and run a knife around the edges to loosen. Cool 5 minutes and then remove from pan.
- Serve warm, at room temperature or cold.
Storage: Store the cooled mini bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: No nutritional yeast? No problem. You can leave it out. You can stick with salt and pepper as your seasonings, or add some herbs or spices instead.
Tip: This recipe will not work with other flours (e.g., coconut flour or almond flour).
- Category: Snack, Appetizer
- Serving Size: 1 mini
- Calories: 22
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 37.7 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg