A vibrant, mid-winter vegetable salad–made with roasted cherry tomatoes, crispy chickpeas and cauliflower couscous– that is scrumptious, seasonal and simple to make.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 small head cauliflower,trimmed, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup chipped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 medium lemon, juiced and zest grated
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arange the cherry tomatoes on one side of sheet and the chickpeas on the other. Drizzle the tomatoes and chickpeas with 1 teaspoon olive oil each; use your hands to toss and coat. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt.
- Roast for 19 to 23 minutes until chickpeas are browned and tomatoes are bursting. Cool slightly or entirely.
- Working in batches, process the cauliflower in a food processor until the pieces have the texture of rice or couscous.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the caulfower, garlic and rosemary. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, tomatoes and chickpeas to the cauliflower, gently tossing to combine. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve slightly warm, room temperature or chilled.
Storage: Store the cooled salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Rosemary Options: 1 teaspoon of dried, crumbled rosemary or Italian dried herbs can be used in place of the fresh rosemary.
Oil Options: Feel free to substitute the oil of your choice for the olive oil.
Garlic Options: 1 teaspoon of garlic powder can be used in place of the minced garlic.
- Category: Salad
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 294.3 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 g
- Fiber: 9.6 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg