Vegan coconut flour chocolate chip cookies that are equally healthy and scrumptious! They are also grain-free, oil-free, & refined sugar-free.
- Place the dates in a small bowl or cup and cover with warm water. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small food processor or blender, process the drained dates, milk, almond butter and vanilla until completely smooth, stopping several times to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Scrape date mixture into a medium bowl. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips, stirring until completely combined. Let stand 2 minutes for coconut flour to absorb some of the liquid.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes until golden brown and surface of the cookies is dry and firm to the touch. Let cookies cool on sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Almond Butter Options: An equal amount of smooth peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or cashew butter can be used in place of the almond butter.
Tip: If the almond butter you are using is not salted, you may want to add a pinch or two more salt.
- Category: Dessert,Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 78.3 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg