My vegan keto Thai eggplant dip is a fresh and healthy option everyone will love! Made with 5 ingredients, it is oil-free, nut-free, seed-free, and low in calories.
- 1 large eggplant (about 16 to 20 oz/ 450 to 565 g)
- 1 or 2 limes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Position broiler rack 6 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise; place, cut sides down on a baking sheet and prick skin all over with a fork.
- Broil eggplant for 20 to 25 minutes until very soft. Cool.
- Meanwhile, grate 1 teaspoon of zest from lime(s). Squeeze enough juice to measure 1 tablespoon.
- Using a spoon, scoop out flesh from eggplant and place in a food processor, Process until smooth.
- Add the lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk, cilantro, curry paste and salt to processor. Process until completely blended and smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve room temperature or chilled, along with your favorite dippers (vegetables, crackers, chips, etc.).
Peanut Warning: Thai curry paste contains a small amount of peanut oil. If you have a peanut or tree nut allergy, use one of the curry alternatives I have listed below.
Oil-Free Tip: Although this recipe has no oil as an ingredient, some Thai curry pastes have a tiny amount of oil. If you are on a very strict oil-free diet, consider one of the curry alternatives I have listed below.
Storage: Store the dip in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Curry Paste Options: An equal amount of red or yellow Thai curry paste can be used in place of the Thai curry paste. Indian curry powder can also be used; add less, adjusting according to taste. If you do not like curry, try using fresh or dried ginger, chili paste, ground coriander, garlic (all or some of these) to taste. You can also create layers of flavor by adding some fresh mint and or basil, along with the cilantro.
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 289 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: eggplant, eggplant dip, keto dip, vegan, keto vegan snack, oil-free, Thai curry, Thai eggplant dip, coconut milk