Crisp-chewy vegan coconut macaroons that are delicious & easy-to-make. They are also grain-free, oil-free, refined sugar free, and have a keto option.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, process coconut milk, maple syrup, psyllium husk, salt, almond extract, and HALF of the coconut flakes until mostly (but not entirely) smooth.
- Scrape the coconut milk mixture into a medium bowl. Add the remaining coconut flakes, stirring until blended.
- Using a small cookie scoop or moistened hands, scoop tablespoons of dough into compact mounds. Place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until deep golden brown and hard to the touch.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days (in a cool room; if it is hot, store in the refrigerator), the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to months. Note that the cookies will become softer (less crisp) over time.
Make it Keto: Swap the maple syrup for an equal amount of keto-friendly liquid sweetener. This changes the following macros, per cookie: Calories: 99, Carbs: 3.7 g, Sugars: 0.9 g. The remaining macros are the same.
Swap the almond extract for 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or citrus zest (e.g., lemon, lime, orange).
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 45.9 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.3 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan coconut macaroons, 5 ingredients, no aquafaba, psyllium, paleo, oil-free, grain-free, coconut macaroons, Kosher, easy