Hearty and healthy oat pancakes made with only 3 ingredients! They are vegan, gluten-free, flourless, and oil-free. They are also easy to make in a single bowl (no blender required!).
- 2 cups (160 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed), divided use
- 1 and 1/3 cups (325 mL) water, divided use
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the oats and 1 cup of the water. Let stand for at least 30 minutes or for up to 12 hours.
- Vigorously mix the soaked oats with a wooden spoon until the oats are broken down and the mixture is mostly smooth. Stir in the remaining 1 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Preheat a nonstick griddle to medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter onto hot griddle, spreading to 4-inch (10 cm) circle with back of spoon. Repeat with additional batter. Cook until bubbles form on top and edges are golden brown. Flip pancakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer until browned and cooked through.
- Serve the pancakes with the toppings of your choice (e.g., syrup, fresh fruit)
Storage: Store the cooled pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener Options: Use an equal amount of the sweetener of your choice in place of the coconut sugar. For example, brown sugar, maple syrup, or a keto sweetener, such as Swerve.
- Category: Breakfast, Pancakes
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg