Easy, fresh, 5-ingredient beet salad with lemon and mint. Perfect in the summer (or switch the fresh mint to dried herbs in the winter), the salad is naturally vegan and Paleo-friendly.
- 2 to 3 medium-large beets, trimmed and peeled (12 oz/340 g total)
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed fresh mint leaves, fineley chopped
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Coarsely grate the beets using a hand grater or food processor. Transfer beets to a medium bowl.
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest from the lemon; squeeze enough juice to measure 1 tablespoon.
- In a small jar, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, oil, coconut sugar, and mustard. Cover and shake until emulsified. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over beets and toss to coat. Refrigerate until cold (about 1 hour) or for up to 3 days. Just before serving, adjust salt and pepper to taste and toss in mint leaves.
Storage: Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days; add the mint just before serving.
- Category: Salad, Side-dish
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about 3/4 cup)
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 81.3 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg