Caboodles are easy vegetable “noodles” made from cabbage! Endlessly versatile, they do not require a spiralizer, and are keto, vegan, low-carb, low-calorie and Paleo.
- 1 small head (1.5 lbs/ 680 g) pale green cabbage, loose outer leaves removed
- Place a vegetable steamer or metal colander in a large pot. Fill with enough water to come just below the steamer/colander.
- Quarter the cabbage lengthwise. Place quarter on their sides and cut out the cores; discard cores.
- Separate each quarter into two sections (inner white layers and outer green layers). Working with one section at a time, press down and cut lengthwise into thin strips. Repeat until all of the cabbage is cut.
- Bring the water in the pot to a boil. Add the cabbage, cover (crack cover to allow some steam to escape),and steam for 4 to 8 minutes until caboodles are tender but not completely wilted.
- Remove cabbage from steamer and enjoy in any way that you would serve noodles.
- Category: Vegetables, Side-Dish, Noodle Alternative
- Method: Steaming
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (about 1.5 cups)
- Calories: 26
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 20.4 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.2 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: caboodles, cabbage noodles, vegetable noodles, vegan. keto, low-carb, low-calorie, no spiralizer, easy, frugal