Super-simple, 3-ingredient ketogenic energy bars that can be varied in multiple ways. Made without cooking or baking, they are also vegan, paleo, and grain-free.
- 1 cup (256 g) smooth, unsweetened nut or seed butter (e.g., almond, sunflower, peanut)
- 1/4 cup keto-friendly brown sugar subsittute (e.g., Swerve, Sukrin Gold)
- 2 tablespoons water (more, as needed)
- 1/3 cup (37g) coconut flour (more, as needed)
- Line a 9-inch (22.5 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the nut butter, brown sugar substitute and water until blended and smooth.
- Add the coconut flour, stirring until blended. The mixture should be very thick, but not dry. If it appears dry, add a few more teaspoons of water until no longer dry. The bars will be very firm once chilled.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan. Firmly tamp down, smoothing the top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until firm set.
- Use paper lining to remove bars. Cut into 7 bars.
Storage: Store the bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Paleo Tip: Do not use peanut butter if making these for a Paelo diet (peanuts are not considered Paleo-friendly).
Sweetener Options: If you do not need these bars to be keto-friendly, use an equal amount of coconut sugar or brown sugar in place of the brown sugar substitute. To keep the bars Paleo, use the coconut sugar option.
Note: I used Barney Butter smooth almond butter in my nutrition calculations (it contains nothing but almonds).
(1) Chocolate: Drizzle the cut bars with melted sugar-free chocolate chips (or stir 3 to 5 tablespoons chopped sugar-free chocolate into the dough). If not following a keto diet, use the chocolate of your choice; (2) Mix or knead in 3 to 6 tablespoons of ingredients into the dough, such as unsweetened flake coconut, raw or toasted seeds (e.g., chia, sesame, sunflower, pepitas), finely chopped raw or toasted nuts, or cacao nibs.
- Category: Energy Bar, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 3.8 g
- Sodium: 125.7 mg
- Fat: 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 g
- Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg