Healthy 2-ingredient coconut biscotti, made with unsweetened flake coconut and a bit of sweetener. They are naturally grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, oil-free, and keto-friendly!
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process the coconut flakes, stopping to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl multiple times, until the coconut begins to turn creamy (like a butter), but not entirely smooth (see photo).
- Transfer the coconut “butter” to a large bowl and stir in the coconut sugar, water, and optional salt (I added 1/8 teaspoon).
- Scrape dough into a mound in the center of the prepared cookie sheet. Shape dough into a firmly compacted log that measures roughly 12 inches long, 3 inches wide, and just over 1/2 an inch high. Use the parchment to press and compact the mixture into shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown and the center is set & firm to the touch (it will not be hard).
- Remove from the oven, turn oven off, cool completely on sheet, and then refrigerate at least 1 hour until cold. Using parchment paper, lift log onto a cutting board.
- Preheat oven to 200F (95C). Slide log off of parchment paper and place paper back on cookie sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut log crosswise and slightly diagonal into 20 biscotti. Place slices cut sides down on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake biscotti for 30 minutes longer. Turn oven off, keep door closed, and let biscotti remain in oven for 1-2 hours until cooled (this further dries them).
- Eat and enjoy!
Storage: Store the cooled biscotti in the refrigerator for 3 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Keto Variation: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of ketogenic brown sugar alternative sweetener (one that is measure for measure equivalent to sugar). For example, Swerve or Sukrin Gold. The keto macros, per biscotto, are as follows [carbohydrates: 3.4 g, sugars: 0.9 g, the remaining macros are the same]
Sweetener: Feel free to use an equal amount of your favorite granular sweetener, including brown sugar or granular sugar alternative.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 17.5 mg
- Fat: 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Vegan, coconut, coconut flakes, 2 ingredients, keto, keto biscotti, paleo, nut-free, oil-free, dairy-free, keto