Celebrate summer with my 5-ingredient strawberry crumble, made with almond flour. It is vegan, grain-free, oil-free, Paleo, and keto, too (with one ingredient swap).
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Grease or spray a 9-inch baking pan.
- Finely chop the strawberries (do this by hand to avoid over-processing). Transfer strawberries to a medium bowl; add the tapioca starch and 2 tablespoons (18 g) of the coconut sugar, stirring until blended. Spread into the prepared pan.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, remaining 4 tablespoons (36 g) of the coconut sugar, baking powder and optional salt. Add the water; stir until completely combined. Crumble mixture evenly over strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Storage: Store the cooled crumble, covered, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 6 months. The crumble will soften the longer it is stored.
Tapioca Starch Substitute: An equal amount of arrowroot starch or chia seeds (whole or ground) can be used in place of the tapioca starch. If using chia seeds, allow the strawberries and chia seeds to stand for 20 minutes before baking.
KETO OPTION: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly sugar substitute or brown sugar substitute. Keto Macros--Calories: 110, Carbohydrates: 6.2 g, Sugars: 1.7 g (the other macros remain the same)
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the crumble
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 66.4 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 3.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg