Tender and decadent-tasting almond flour shortbread, made with 3 ingredients. The cookies are extremely simple to make, as well as vegan, Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, and keto (with one ingredient swap).
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, stirring to combine (be sure to break up any lumps in the flour and/or sugar).
- Shape dough into twelve 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls (I use my small cookie scoop). Space balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten halfway (e.g., with a fork, I chose a fork, cookie stamp, the flat bottom of a measuring cup, or fingertips).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden (the cookies will seem somewhat soft while hot; they will firm up as they cool).
- Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Because of their high fat content, the cookies are best stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to 2 weeks (or the freezer for up to 6 months).
Keto Variation: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly brown sugar replacement (e.g., Sukrin Gold, Swerve). Keto Version Macros per Cookie: Calories: 75; Total Carbs: 2 g; Net Carb: 1 g; Sugars: 0.3 g.
Other Sugars: An equal amount of brown sugar or granulated sugar of your choice can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
Butter and other Fats: If not following a vegan diet, you can use melted butter or ghee in place of the coconut oil. Because butter has a higher water content than coconut oil, I suggest increasing the butter to 2 and 1/2 tablespoons and only adding 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of water.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 24.2 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3-ingredient vegan cookies, 3-ingredient almond flour cookies, 3-ingredient keto cookies, vegan, keto, Paleo, egg-free, dairy-free, almond flour