Fast, easy and healthy banana mini muffins, made with 4 ingredients! They are naturally vegan, grain-free, oil-free, gluten-free, Paleo, and have no added sugar. A perfect snack or breakfast option!
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed, very ripe banana (between 2 and 3 large bananas)
- 2 tablespoons (13 g) flaxseed meal
- 1 and 1/2 cups (168 g) blanched almond flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175C). Grease or spray 24 cups of a mini muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mashed banana and flaxseed meal. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, and optional salt, stirring until completely combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, divide batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes until risen, tops appear dry and muffins are light golden brown.
- Let muffins cool 5 minutes in pan set on a cooling rack. Run a butter knife around edges of cups to remove muffins. Cool completley on cooling rack.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week and the freezer for up to 6 months.
Flax Option: An equal amount of ground chia seeds can be used in place of the flaxseed meal.
- Category: Muffins, Bread
- Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 30.6 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.9 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg