Grain-free, oil-free, sugar-free, and vegan sandwich bread, made with chickpea flour, canned chickpeas, and chickpea liquid (aquafaba). Fine texture & flavor, and only 4 ingredients.
- 1 cup (250 mL) full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 1 15-ounce (425 g) can chickpeas, undrained
- 2 cups (240 g) chickpea flour (sifted, if lumpy)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Grease or spray a 9×5-inch (22.5 x 12.5 cm) loaf pan.
- In a blender, process the coconut milk, water and chickpeas with their liquid until completely blended and smooth. Process for 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, whisk the chickpea flour, baking powder and salt until blended. Pour in the chickpea mixture; whisk until just blended. Pour and spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 42 to 47 minutes or until risen, golden brown at edges and a tester inserted near the center comes out clean.
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or tightly wrapped in freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: An uncooked piece of spaghetti can be used as a tester (instead of a skewer) for determining if the center is set!
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14th of loaf)
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 219.6 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg