3-ingredient grain-free, oil-free, sugar-free, vegan sandwich bread, made with almond flour and chickpea flour. It is SO easy, sliceable, tender, and totally delicious!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (180 g) chickpea flour, sifted if lumpy
- 1 and 1/4 cups (140 g) blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- (optional/variable) 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups (425 mL) water
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Spray or grease a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, and (optional) salt.
- Add the water, whisking until completley combined. Immediately pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown and risen and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack and cool bread in pan for 20 minutes. Run a butter knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove bread and cool completely before slicing.
Storage: Store the completely cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months. If freezing, consider pre-slicing the bread (so that you can remove one or a few slices at a time).
Q: Can I use something else to replace the chickpea flour and/or almond flour? A: No, not without a substantial amount of experimentation and fine-tuning.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14th of loaf)
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 152.3 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grain-free bread, oil-free, sugar-free, 3-ingredients, vegan bread, gluten-free bread, sandwich bread, grain-free vegan bread, chickpea flour, almond flour, easy