Easy, healthy and so delicious sweet potato cookies, made with almond flour (they taste like sweet potato pie!). They are grain-free, oil-free, vegan and Paleo.
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small to medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and optional salt. Add the sweet potato and HALF of the water, stirring until completely blended. If dough is still dry, add more of the water (up to the full 3 tablespoons).
- Using a small cookie scoop drop dough into 12 mounds, or roll into 12 balls. Place on prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes until golden brown at edges and centers of cookies feel firm to the touch. Transfer baking sheet to cooling rack and cool completely before removing cookies.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Sweet Potato Tips: Sweet potatoes vary in their moisture and starch content (even more so depending on how the sweet potatoes are cooked). Be sure to add no more than half the amount of water at a time until a cohesive, but still stiff dough, is achieved.
Sweetener Options: An equal amount of the granulated sweetener of your choice can be used in place of the coconut sugar. An equal amount of liquid sweetener (e.g., maple syrup) can also be used (decrease water by 1 to 2 teaspoons)
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 29.6 mg
- Fat: 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grain-free, grain-free cookies, vegan cookies, vegan, sweet potato, almond flour, oil-free, healthy