The best vegan chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour! Whip up a batch of these healthy, easy-to-make, irresistible cookies in about 20 minutes (start to finish!).
- 1 cup (112 g) blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (see notes for keto)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips (see notes for keto)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt (breaking up all lumps in the flour).
- Add the oil, water, and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoons (I used a small cookie scoop) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes until golden brown and set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days (in a cool room; if it is hot, store in the refrigerator), the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to months.
Tip: I strongly recommend weighing the almond flour for best results. If using cups to measure, be sure to very lightly spoon the almond flour when measuring (do not scoop up the flour or tamp into the cup).
Keto Variation: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly brown sugar replacement (e.g., Sukrin Gold, Swerve) and replace the chocolate chips with sugar-free miniature chocolate chips. Keto Version Macros per Cookie: Calories: 80; Carbs: 3.8 g; Sugars: 0.3 g.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 55.6 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond flour, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chips, vegan, keto, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, healthy cookies