Healthy, 3-ingredient oat muffins made with oats, cashews and baking powder (plus water and salt). They are vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, sugar-free and 117 calories each.
- 1.5 ounces raw cashews (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 and 1/4 cups (310 mL) water
- 1 and 1/2 cups (135 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). Spray or grease 6 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a blender, process the cashews and water until smooth.
- Add the oats, baking powder and optional salt to blender; process, using on/off pulses, until mostly smooth but with some texture remaining with the oats (batter will look slightly lumpy).
- Divided the batter evenly between the prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17 to 20 minutes until risen and a toothpick inserted near the center of the muffin comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Cool muffins in tin for at least 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completley.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an artight container at (cool) room temeprature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Cashew Alternatives: Other nuts, such walnuts, pecans or peanuts, or seeds, such as pepitas or hemp hearts, can be used in place of the cashews. Sunflower seeds work, but will turn the muffins green (safe to eat; it’s a natural chemical reaction).
Sprayed Cups vs. Lined Cups: The muffins get a significantly better rise when baked without paper or foil liners. Additionally, the muffins stick (profoundly) to liners, but slide out easily from sprayed/greased cups (even while still warm).
- Category: Bread, Muffin
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3 ingredient muffins, vegan, oil-free, sugar-free, egg-free, dairy-free, blender, gluten-free, oats, cashews, healthy bread, easy, 3 ingredients