Roasted carrot soup, made with 3 ingredients! It is silky smooth, loaded with flavor, fast and simple to make, oil-free, and a good source of protein, too!
- 2 pounds (907 g) carrots, peeled, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion (about 8 oz/225 g), peeled, cut into large chunks
- salt & pepper
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the onions and carrot on prepared baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until vegetables are very soft and browned at the edges.
- Cool the vegetables at least 15 minutes (if using a high speed blender, no need to cool). Place the vegetables, beans and 2 cups (500 mL) water in a blender. Process on high until completley smooth and silky.
- Transfer soup to a large saucepan. Whisk in an additional 1 and 1/2 cups water. Cook the soup over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until warmed through. Add more water, as desired, and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Roasting
- Serving Size: 1.25 cups
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 8.8 g
- Sodium: 252.2 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7 g
- Fiber: 8.4 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: 3-ingredients, 3-ingredient soup, 3-ingredient recipe, vegan, carrot soup, plant protein, white beans, easy vegetables, clean eating, clean eats, fitness food