Healthy and delicious overnight oats…in cookie form! Soft, cakey, and not too sweet, they are vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free.
- 1 cup (250 mL) nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons (18 g) coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon (16 g) creamy nut butter (e.g., almond butter, peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1/3 cup dried fruit, finely chopped, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, coconut sugar, nut butter, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt until blended.
- Stir in the oats. Reserve 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dried fruit. Add the remaining dried fruit to bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours (the liquid will be absorbed and the mixture firm).
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Lightly spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Stir the oats to loosen; add the baking powder and vigorously stir to blend.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop the dough in small mounds, spacing 2 inches apart, on prepared sheet. Sprinkle the reserved fruit bits on top of cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes until cookies have spread, are golden brown, and the centers are set.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage: The cookies will keep, without refrigeration, while transporting on the go. However, they are best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Cookies, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 39
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: oats, overnight oats, overnight oatmeal cookies, vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, breakfast cookies, vegan breakfast cookies, portable breakfast