3-ingredient vegetable nuggets made with almond flour! Super-easy to make, they are vegan, paleo, keto, oil-free, grain-free, gluten-free and only 35 calories each!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (150 g) chopped cauliflower or broccoli (or a combination)
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup (75 g) almond flour or almond meal
- fine sea salt and pepper
- Nonstick coking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 C). Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the raw vegetables in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Steam the vegetables for about 4 to 5 minutes until softened and tender but not mushy.
- Transfer the vegetables to a small food processor and process until mixture resembles a thick puree. Scrape vegetables into a medium bowl. Stir in the almond flour and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt & dash of black pepper (or to taste).
- Using a small cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon, scoop the dough into 14 equal portions. Using hands, shape each portion into an oval “nugget” shape (about 2 inches long, 1/4-inch thick). Place on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown. Remove the pan from oven; using a metal spatula, flip the nuggets.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes longer bottoms are golden brown. Serve warm.
Storage: Store the cooked, cooled nuggets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Keto Option: Replace the carrot with an equal amount of red bell pepper.
Make Ahead: The nuggets mixture can be made ahead and shaped into nuggets. Freeze the nuggets in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer to an airtight container (store in the freezer for up to 6 months). Bake as directed (no need to defrost), allowing about 4 to 5 extra minutes of baking time.
Flavor Suggestions: Add the herbs and spices of your choosing, such as Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, or chili powder. For cheesey-flavor (and added protein) add several teaspoons of nutritional yeast.
- Category: Snack, Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 nugget
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 47.7 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetable nuggets, vegan, keto paleo, grain-free, 3 ingredients, almond flour, almond meal, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snack, nuggets