A fresh, healthy and delicious new take on biscuits, made with cauliflower, almond flour & chickpea flour! Fast and easy to make, they are vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, oil-free and sugar-free.
- 600 g cauliflower pieces (about 5 and 1/2 cups roughly chopped cauliflower)
- 3/4 cup (84 g) blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup (40 g) chickpea flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water
- Optional: fresh chopped herbs or seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 C).
- In a food processor, process the cauliflower (in batches, as needed), until very fine. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to bowl and stir until completley combined. If the dough feels too dry, add a small amount more water until it comes together into a dough.
- Using a large scoop or 1/3-cup measure, scoop 12 equal mounds of dough onto the prepared sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Using fingertips, flatten and shape into round biscuit shapes, about 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) in diameter,
- If desired, sprinkle tops of biscuits with seeds or herbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until browned at edges and tops appear dry. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for 10 minutes before transferring biscuits to a cooling rack (the biscuits will continue to firm as they cool). Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 6 months.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 174.5 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: biscuit, bread, cauliflower, grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, almond flour, chickpea flour, oil-free, 4 ingredients, easy recipe