Almond flour cauliflower popcorn is your new favorite snack! Made with 2 ingredients (cauliflower & almond flour), it is vegan, keto, paleo, oil-free, and a breeze to make.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets
- 3/4 cup (84 g) almond flour or almond meal
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) water
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450F (225C). Lightly spritz a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, water and (optional) salt until blended.
- Add 1/2 of the cauliflower to bowl, tossing to coat (use hands to rub the almond batter into the cauliflower pieces). Place coated pieces on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cauliflower (note: if any batter solids remain in bowl; rub over the top of the cauliflower).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown (check early to avoid burning).
- Serve immediately.
Variations: Add spices, herbs (dried or chopped fresh), black pepper, hot sauce, nutritional yeast (1 to 3 tablespoons, for cheesey flavor), or any other flavor you like to the batter before coating the cauliflower.
Note: I calculated the nutrition without the addition of salt (given that it is optional/variable)
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 102
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 28.8 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cauliflower, 2-ingredient recipe, paleo, vegan, popcorn, keto, oil-free, grain-free, gluten-free, vegetable snack, almond flour