Flavorful, fabulous chickpea flour beer bread , made with 3 ingredients! Mix it in a minute and it’s ready 45 minutes later. It is vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free.
- 2 and 2/3 cups (320 g) chickpea flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons (6 mL) baking soda
- Optional/adjustable: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 12-ounce bottle or can beer (any variety)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5 cm) loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, which the chickpea flour, baking soda and (optional/adjustable) salt. Slowly (so that it does not foam too much) pour in the beer.
- Gently whisk or stir until just blended. Immediately pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 42 to 45 minutes until golden brown, the top has cracks, and a skewer inserted near the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack and cool bread for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or tightly wrapped in freezer for up to 6 months.
Tip: An uncooked piece of spaghetti can be used as a tester (instead of a skewer) for determining if the center is set!
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 144.6 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chickpea flour, beer, beer bread, vegan, 3-ingredients, oil-free, gluten-free, easy, easy bread, sugar-free