Celebrate fresh berry season with a batch of raspberry almond flour muffins. They are vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and simple to make in no time.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup (see notes for options)
- 1 tablespoon whole psyllium husks (see notes for options)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups (140 grams) blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (1:1 replacement)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Line 8 cups of a standard size muffin tin with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the water, mashed banana, maple syrup, psyllium husk, almond extract and salt until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes (for psyllium to thicken).
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and baking soda to bowl, stirring until blended; gently stir in the raspberries (being careful not to break them much).
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups (use all of the prepared cups, they will not be completely full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 16 to 20 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool muffins in tin for a few minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
Storage: Store the cooled muffins in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: An equal amount of blueberries or blackberries can be used in place of the raspberries (or diced apricots, cherries or apples). You could also use 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks (heaven) or about 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit of your choice.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 164.7 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raspberry, raspberries, oil-free, banana, gluten-free muffin, almond flour muffins, vegan, high fiber, almond flour, portable breakfast, muffin tin, egg-free, dairy-free