Grain-free, vegan, 2-ingredient cassava flour tortillas made without oil! They taste like classic flour tortillas and are quick & easy to make.
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (very lightly spoon to measure)
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) whole psyllium husk (see notes for psyllium powder)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the cassava flour, psyllium husk and (optional) salt.
- Add the water to the bowl, stirring until combined. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken and then shape dough into a ball (it should feel moist, but not wet).
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball.
- Place one dough ball between two large pieces of wax paper or parchment paper (plastic wrap will also work). Using a tortilla press, rolling pin, or fingers, roll or press dough into a 7-inch (17.5 cm) circle.
- Carefully peel off top layer of paper, then peel tortilla off of bottom piece of parchment (it should release easily).
- Lightly spritz a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place tortilla, dough side down, into skillet and carefully peel off second piece of paper.
- Cook the tortilla for 2 to 3 minutes until the bottom is browned in spots (when you lift tortilla with a spatula). Flip the tortilla and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes longer until the other side browned in spots.
- Transfer tortilla to a metal cooling rack and repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- The tortillas are best eaten warm (rewarm for a few seconds in medium-hot skillet on the stovetop, wrapped in foil in the oven, or on a plate in the microwave
- Category: Tortillas, Bread
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tortilla, cassava flour, 2-ingredients, easy, grain-fee, oil-free, gluten-free, paleo tortillas, vegan, egg free, dairy free, no oil