Incredible 2-ingredient coconut flour tortillas! Soft, fluffy, flexible & scrumptious, they are also vegan, keto, oil-free, easy to make, only 68 calories and 3.1 net carbs each.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the coconut flour, psyllium husk and (optional) salt, breaking up any lumps in the coconut flour.
- Add the water to the bowl, stirring until combined. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken and then shape dough into a ball (it will feel moist & springy).
- Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Shape each piece of dough into a ball.
- Place one dough ball between two large pieces of wax paper or parchment paper (plastic wrap will also work). Using a rolling pin, roll dough into a 7-inch (17.5 cm) circle. Carefully peel off top layer of paper.
- Lightly spritz a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat until hot. Place tortilla, dough side down, into skillet and carefully peel off second piece of paper.
- Cook the tortilla for 2 to 3 minutes until it begins to puff and the bottom is browned in spots (when you lift tortilla with a spatula). Flip the tortilla and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes longer until puffed and golden brown in spots.
- Transfer tortilla to a metal cooling rack and repeat with remaining pieces of dough.
- The tortillas are delicious warm, room temperature, or cold!
Storage: Store the cooled tortillas in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Psyllium Powder Option: Use 2 teaspoons (10 g) of psyllium husk powder in place of the 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks.
Tip for Removing Paper from Tortillas: if the paper is really sticking to the tortilla, place the tortilla (in its paper) in the freezer for 3 or 4 minutes (not much longer). The tortilla will come off with ease!
- Category: Bread
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla
- Calories: 68
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 30 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tortillas, coconut flour, psyllium husk, 2 ingredients, grain-free tortillas, vegan tortillas, low carb, gluten-free, vegan, low calorie tortilla, coconut flour flatbread