Love a good vinaigrette, but not the oil? If so, you will go nuts for my creamy cashew salad dressing. This oil-free vinaigrette takes about 2 minutes to make in your blender & keeps for weeks.
- 1 cup (150 g/ 5.3 oz) raw cashews
- 1 and 1/3 cups (325 mL) cold water
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons (52 mL) vinegar (I used white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs or herbes de Provence
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon sweetener (e.g., coconut sugar, maple syrup, cane sugar)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender. Process on high until completely blended and smooth, stopping to scrape down the container once or twice (note: the dressing will be fairly thin at this point).
- Taste the dressing; adjust any of the seasonings to taste (e.g., salt, pepper, herbs, vinegar, garlic) and re-blend as needed.
- Pour the dressing into a jar or other container. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to thicken.
- Shake the container, as needed, to remix the dressing.
Storage: Store the dressing in an airtight jar or other container in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Vinegar Options: You can use the vinegar option you prefer. For example, apple cider vinegar, sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar.
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Blender
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons (30 mL)
- Calories: 46.5
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.1 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cashew, oil-free free, salad dressing, vinaigrette, vegan, healthy vinaigrette, oil-free salad dressing, salad, creamy