Oil-free tapenade is the perfectly piquant spread you’re craving for your sandwiches and snacks. This version is healthy, light, and vegan, too.
- 1 and 1/2 cups drained, pitted kalamata olives (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons drained, jarred capers
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence or Italian herb blend
- 2 or 3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the olives, capers, herbs, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a small food processor.
- Process, using on/off pulse, until smooth (but still with some texture), stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Season to taste with pepper.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving (to meld flavors).
Storage: Store the tapenade in a small covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Olive Options: You can use just about any pitted olives (black or green) you prefer in this recipe. For a stronger taste, stick with brine-cured options (such as kalamata). For a mild tapenade, opt for canned black olives.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon (15 mL)
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 278.1 mg
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.5 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: oil-free tapenade, keto, vegan, paleo, keto dip, keto spread, low-carb, low-calorie, appetizer, olives, capers, easy