Fast and easy keto almond flour bread rolls made without eggs! With only 5 ingredients & 78 calories each, they are naturally vegan, grain-free, oil-free.
- preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, pysllium husk, baking soda and (optional) salt until blended (break up all lumps).
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the water and vinegar. Pour water mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring until completely combined. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes for the dough to thicken (the dough should feel moist, firm & springy; if dry, add a small amount more water).
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions (about 35 grams each) and roll each into ball (a bit bigger than a ping pong ball). arrange on prepared baking sheet, spacing at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 33 to 37 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and transfer the rolls to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled rolls in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Net Carbs: Each small bread roll has 2.1 grams of Net Carbs.
Whole Psyllium Husk Substitute: 5 teaspoons (15 grams) of psyllium husk powder (made from whole psyllium husks) can be used in place of the whole psyllium husks. Do not use products such as metamucil; the recipe will not work. Flax and chia will not work as subs in this recipe.
Make Bigger Rolls: For 6 medium-size rolls, divide the dough into 6 equal pieces (each portion approximately 46 grams), roll into balls, & bake for 40 to 45 minutes; For 4 large-size rolls, divide the dough into 4 equal pieces (each portion approximately 70 grams), roll into balls, & bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 118 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: keto bread, oil-free keto bread, vegan keto bread, egg-free, dairy free, almond flour, grain-free vegan bread, oil-free, oil-free bread, psyllium husk, keto ketogenic, 5 ingredients