This keto vegan coconut flour bread is just what you’re craving: firm (yet tender), flavorful, easy-to-make, and oil-free, too!
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Spray the interior sides of a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husks, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt.
- Stir the vinegar into the water; add to the dry ingredients, mixing until completely combined and all dry ingredients are moistened (the dough will be stiff, but moist–not wet. If it feels dry, add a teaspoon or more of water).
- Shape and press the dough into a ball. Place the ball inside a large piece of parchment paper, or plastic wrap; roll and flatten into a loaf shape to fit a 9×5-inch (22.5×12.5-cm) loaf pan. Unwrap the loaf and place in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 our and 10 to 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden brown and the surface of the loaf looks and feels dry.
- Remove the bread from the pan an cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Slice and eat!
Storage: Store the cooled bread in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Psyllium Tip: This bread does not work well with psyllium powder of any kind. Be sure to use whole psyllium husks.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14 of loaf)
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 148.6 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: bread, coconut flour, coconut flour bread, egg-free, dairy-free, no eggs, vegan coconut flour bread, keto, ketogenic, grain-free, vegan, sandwich bread