Fudgy vegan almond flour brownies, designed to rock your world. They are grain-free, gluten-free, made in 1-bowl, and definitely delectable! You can make the brownies nut-free by using sunflower seed flour.
- 1 cup 112 g) fine almond flour (or Sunflower Seed Flour)
- 1 cup (192 g) coconut sugar (or other granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup (60 mL) cold strong coffee or water
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) avocado oil (see notes for options)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1/4 cup (1.5 oz/42 g) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F (160C). Lightly spray or oil an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, chickpea flour, baking soda and salt. Add the coffee, oil, and vanilla, stirring until completely blended and smooth (the batter will be quite thick).
- If using mini chocolate chips, stir them into the batter (or reserve for drizzling post-bake).
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until just set and a toothpick inserted near the center of the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs attached (err on the side of under-baking). Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Remove the brownies from the pan and cut into 16 squares. If desired, melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the top of the brownies.
Storage: Store the cooled brownies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 1 day, the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Nut-Free Sunflower Seed Brownies: Use an equal amount of sunflower seed flour (see my easy DIY version),
Oil-Free Option: Replace the oil with an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce or unsweetened pumpkin puree.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 80.8 mg
- Fat: 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.9 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond flour, chickpea flour, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan brownies, grain-free vegan brownies, vegan almond flour brownies, vegan sunflower seed brownies,