A dessert worth celebrating: vegan coconut almond flour cake, studded with chunks of chocolate! It is grain-free, gluten-free, & oil-free.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) full fat canned coconut milk, well-stirred
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (168 g) blanched almond flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces (57 g) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flake or shredded coconut
Optional: white chocolate, melted, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Grease or spray an 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the coconut milk, chickpea flour, maple syrup, water, vinegar, vanilla, and almond extract until blended and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour in the coconut milk mixture; stir until completely blended and smooth. Stir in the chocolate.
- Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle top with the coconut.
- Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cake comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Cool the cake in the cake pan for 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the pan and carefully invert onto a plate; immediately turn right side up onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle the cake with melted white chocolate.
Storage: Store the cooled cake in a cake keeper or other covered container at room temperature for 1 day. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10 of cake
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 15.3 g
- Sodium: 192.1 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cake, grain-free vegan cake, vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, egg-free, oil-free, dairy-free, chickpea flour, almond flour, coconut almond flour cake,