- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut flour, flaxseed meal, coconut sugar, and (optional) salt until completely blended, breaking up any and all lumps in the coconut flour.
- Add the warm coconut oil; stir until completely blended (the dough should appear and feel like wet sand).
- Working quickly, scoop 13 small rounded mounds of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a small cookie scoop) spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart, Using fingertips, pat down any uneven areas on each mound, smoothing the tops and flattening cookies slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 9 minutes until just set and the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on the sheet for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely. Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container and chill until cold.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Measuring the Coconut Flour: For greatest accuracy, it is best to weigh the coconut flour on a digital scale. If using cups and tablespoons, 100 grams of coconut flour is equal to 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (14 tablespoons total) of lightly spooned and leveled coconut flour.
Make it Keto: Replace the coconut sugar with the keto-friendly, measure-for-measure, granulated sweetener of your choice. Keto Macros per Cookie: Calories (122); Total Carbs (5.5 g); Sugars (0.5); Net Carbs (0.6 g).
Sugar Options: An equal amount (48 g) of brown sugar, natural can esugar or granulated sugar can be used in place of the coconut sugar.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 8.1 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour, cookies keto, vegan, egg-free, no eggs, keto coconut flour cookies, nut-free, dairy-free, Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free, keto vegan cookies, 4 ingredients