Baked crispy cabbage chips are a perfect salty nibble! They are vegan, keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and made with nothing more than cabbage leaves, salt, and a smidge of oil (although I have an oil-free version, too).
- Preheat oven to 300F (150C). Place a wire rack inside a large baking sheet OR line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut away the center core of each cabbage leaf. Cut or tear the cabbage leaves into medium to large size pieces.
- Place the cabbage pieces in a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with the salt. Use your hands to toss and combine, rubbing the oil and salt over the cabbage.
- Arrange the cabbage pieces on the prepared rack or parchment-lined baking sheet (it is fine if the leaves overlap a bit).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until dry in appearance and deep golden brown at the edges. Cool completely on the rack or baking sheet. Eat!
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Oil-free Option: The chips can be made without oil. If you wish to add salt, rinse and drain the cabbage leaves, shaking off, or blotting (with a towel) most, but not all, of the water. Alternatively, very lightly mist the leaves using a spray bottle filled with water. Place the leaves in a mixing bowl, as directed, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Proceed as directed.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 1 cup)
- Calories: 40
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cabbage chips, baked vegetable chips, low calorie vegetable chips, keto, Paleo, vegan, easy recipe, frugal recipe, cabbage, sugar free, gluten-free, grain-free, easy recipe,