No-bake coconut flour cookie dough is the healthy treat you’ve been waiting for! It is vegan, grain-free, nut-free, gluten-free, and keto friendly (with 1 ingredient swap).
- 1/2 cup smooth sunflower seed butter (or smooth nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) boiling water
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (56 g) coconut flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup (1.5 oz/43 g) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, boiling water and (optional) vanilla until blended and smooth.
- Add the coconut flour to the bowl, stirring until completely combined. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the liquid ingredients and thicken the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Using a small cookie scoop, a tablespoon, or a small kitchen spoon, scoop the dough into 18 cookie dough mounds on a cookie sheet or plate (alternatively, scoop portions of dough into small individual containers, as pictured above).
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes until firm.
Storage: Store the cookie dough cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week. If freezing, I recommend freezing without portioning the dough (it may need a small amount more water or coconut flour once thawed). Store the dough in the freezer, in an airtight container, for up to 6 months.
Keto Option: Replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto brown sugar substitute (e.g., options made by Swerve, Truvia, Sukrin Gold). Also, use a seed or nut butter that does not have added sugars. If adding the optional chocolate chips, use an equal amount of keto-friendly miniature semisweet chocolate chips (e.g., Lily’s Sweets Chocolate Chips). Keto Macros per cookie (calories: 73, carbs: 3.3 g, sugars: 0.9 g, net carbs: 1.3 g)
- Category: Cookies
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie dough "cookie"
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 33.3 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan grain-free cookie dough, nut-free, sunflower butter, sunflower seed butter, no-bake, no-cookie, edible cookie dough, coconut flour cookie dough, safe cookie dough, chocolate chip, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan, Paleo, keto, keto cookie, keto cookie dough