My 100% coconut flour bread rolls are (all humility aside) 4-ingredient miracles. Soft and fluffy, they are vegan, keto, oil-free, grain-free, nut-free, yeast-free, sugar-free & only 63 calories apiece.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large baking sheet (light, not a dark baking sheet) with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, and psyllium husks until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk the coconut flour, baking soda and (optional/adjustable) salt until blended. Add to the psyllium mixture and stir until completely combined into a stiff but moist dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions (each roughly 62 grams). Squeeze and roll each portion into a ball. Space the dough balls at least 2 inches apart of the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes until the surface of the rolls is golden brown and appears dry.
- Transfer the rolls to a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled rolls in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 1 week, and the freezer for up to 6 months.
Make Smaller Bread Rolls: Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces (each about 31 grams) and roll into balls. Bake as directed but for only 50 minutes.
Net Carbohydrates: Each roll has 2.8 g net carbs.
Vinegar Options: An equal amount of any other vinegar, or lemon or lime juice, can be used in place of the cider vinegar.
Psyllium Tip: Psyllium powder can be used in place of the whole psyllium husks. You will need 4 and 1/4 teaspoons (13 g) of psyllium powder.
Flavor Add-Ins: Dry spices (e.g., cumin, turmeric, chili powder, smoked paprika), dried herbs (e.g., Italian herbs, basil, rosemary, oregano), garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper or finely chopped fresh herbs can be added in step 3.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 230.6 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour, vegan, keto, ketogenic, vegan keto bread, nut-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free, yeast-free, oil-free, low calorie, high-fiber, vegan keto bread, egg-free, dairy-free, vegan cloud bread, egg-free cloud bread