3-ingredient coconut flour shortbread cookies are everything that your cup of tea needs! Fast, easy (1 bowl, no chilling), & frugal, these vegan, grain-free cookies have all of the hallmarks of superior shortbread! They ae also keto-friendly (with 1 ingredient swap).
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the coconut flour, coconut sugar, and (optional) salt until completely blended, breaking up any and all lumps in the coconut flour.
- Add the warm coconut oil and warm water; stir until completely blended (the dough should appear and feel like wet sand).
- Working quickly, scoop 10 small rounded mounds of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a small cookie scoop) spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart, Using fingertips, pat down any uneven areas on each mound, smoothing the tops and sides and flattening cookies to about 1/2-inch thickness..
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 23 minutes until just set and the edges of the cookies are golden brown (the cookies will be still be soft).
- Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely. Place the cooled cookies in an airtight container and chill until cold.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Measuring the Coconut Flour: For greatest accuracy, it is best to weigh the coconut flour on a digital scale. If using cups and tablespoons, 70 grams of coconut flour is equal to 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (10 tablespoons total) of lightly spooned and leveled coconut flour.
Make it Keto: Replace the coconut sugar with the keto-friendly, measure-for-measure, granulated sweetener of your choice. Keto Macros per Cookie: Calories (122); Total Carbs (5.5 g); Sugars (0.5); Net Carbs (0.6 g).
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 4.3 g
- Sodium: 15 mg
- Fat: 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coconut flour cookies, coconut flour shortbread, vegan, keto, ketogenic, Paleo shortbread, egg-free, dairy-free, 3 ingredients, easy, no chilling