- 1 and 1/4 cups (150 g) chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (see notes for options)
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) coconut flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) avocado oil (see notes for options)
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped dried fruit (e.g., apricots, raisins, cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the oil, water, vanilla, and dried fruit to bowl, stirring until blended. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
- Place dough on prepared baking sheet and, using moistened hands, shape into a 10×2-inch (22.5×5 cm) rectangle.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 26 minutes or until golden and center is set. Let cool on pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250°F (125C).
- Cut rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool on sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert, Cookie
- Method: Baking
Keywords: biscotti, grain-free, vegan, chickpea flour, coconut flour, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, easy