Irresistible 3-ingredient vegan almond flour cookies that taste rich and buttery, despite being free of oil, eggs, butter and dairy. They are naturally grain-free, gluten-free & vegan, plus, they can be made keto-friendly with 1 substitution.
The Best and Easiest Vegan Almond Flour Cookies
These are the cookies I want, and I am pretty certain you will want them, too.
Because they are perfect.
And ridiculously easy. The dough takes roughly 1 minute to prepare (that’s averaging up) with the help of nothing more than a medium-size bowl and a spoon.
The texture? Tender and crisp-chewy, similar to a macaron, but more substantial. The sweetness? Spot on (not too much, nor too little). And buttery? Very buttery, in fact, despite having no butter, or added oil of any kind.
These cookies are not ersatz, health-food imposters. Anything but that. Serve them to gourmet friends, traditionalist cookie aficionados, children (big and small), significant others, friends, neighbors, health-conscious acquaintances, and co-workers.
They will love them.
All of that, and I have not mentioned several key features that makes these cookies all the more extraordinary. They are:
- Made with just 3 ingredients (not counting water & salt)
- Vegan (dairy -free & egg-free)
- Keto (with one simple substitution)
Ingredients for the Vegan Almond Flour Cookies
The exact amounts of each ingredient are indicated in the recipe card at the end of the post.
To make these cookies you will need:
- Finely ground almond flour
- Baking powder
- Coconut sugar (or the granulated sweetener of your choice; I have keto options below)
You will also need a small amount of regular water. I highly recommend adding a small amount of salt, too, but it is up to you.
Use Blanched Almond Flour to Make the Cookies
The cookies will be greasy and heavy when made with almond meal. I know, almond flour is a little bit pricey, but it is 100% worth it for these cookies. In addition, 1 cup of flour yields 10 generous-sized cookies, which is pretty frugal in the long run.
How to Make 3-Ingredient Vegan Almond Flour Cookies
Note that the complete directions are also in the recipe card below.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and (optional) salt (breaking up all lumps in the flour).
- Add the water and stir until blended.
- Drop by scant tablespoons (I use a small cookie scoop, which is just shy of a tablespoon) on the prepared baking sheet, spacing 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 16 minutes until golden brown and set at the centers.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Vary the Cookies in Multiple Ways
Here’s another reason to love these cookies: versatility. With one basic recipe, you have a wealth of cookie options at the ready, depending on what flavorings (e.g., vanilla and other extracts, spices, citrus zest) and/or stir-ins (e.g., chocolate chips or chunks, dried fruit, nuts, seeds) you want to incorporate.
You can even make jam thumbprints or use the dough as the base (in an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan) for bar cookies. Pretty neat!
Make Keto Almond Flour Cookies
Making these cookies keto-friendly is a snap. Simply replace the coconut sugar with an equal amount of keto-friendly brown sugar replacement (e.g., Sukrin Gold, Swerve). Done! This reduces the carbohydrates to 2.5 grams per cookies (sugars 0.4 grams).
I specifically scaled this recipe small (10 cookies at a time) for anytime (now!) cookie baking, but the recipe can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled without a problem, in case you need to serve a crowd.
Happy baking everyone!
More Grain-Free & Vegan Almond Flour Cookies to Try
- 4-Ingredient Coconut Flour Cookies
- Almond Flour Graham Crackers
- 3-Ingredient Banana Almond Flour Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Almond Flour Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies
- Pumpkin Almond Flour Cookies
- Sweet Potato Almond Flour Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Fresh Apple Almond Flour Cookies